Saturday, April 27, 2013

Read-a-thon Hours 13-18

So I finally feel like I made some real progress with the books that I've been reading.

Finished

The Pink Motel - Carol Rearie Brink who is most famous for Caddie Woodlawn which I loved as a child but haven't read in years. Sometimes when one is reading old books one finds things that are jarring to modern sensibilities.

Portrait of Jennie - Robert Nathan - Someone recommended this on a mailing list I am on. It was short and sweet and just a little bit poignant.

45 Pounds (More or Less) - K A Barson - I thought this was middle grade when I requested it from Netgalley for some reason but it is definitely YA. I think I will review it properly and post it on the blog. It is going to be the same review I give the publisher and I put on Goodreads and possibly Amazon.

The second two are e-books so I really need to take back my words about reading paper books right now.

Still in Progress
Jo's Boys - I am too cheap to buy audiobooks so this is a Libre Vox recording I am listening to. They are books in the public domain read by volunteers which means you can't complain about the quirks.  I am not going to finish it today because it is nine hours long.

Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls - this is funny but it is not a read all the way through at once kind of book.

1 comment:

  1. You've done really well! Congratulations! I'm too cheap to buy audiobooks too, but I've found that my local library offers e-audiobooks that I can borrow and download onto my iPod.

    ReplyDelete