Friday, October 11, 2013

Readathon Preparation

It is time for Dewey's Readathon again which is the only time I use this dusty, dusty blog. I keep thinking that I should blog properly but I haven't yet so I am probably not going too.

I am very glad that it is almost Readathon time because I am miserably sick right now and I welcome the distraction of being able to stay home and read all day. I will also nap because I am very tired but at least now I get to get rid of the guilt that I should be doing something else tomorrow. 

All of this brings me to My Stack. Well earlier this year I went to ALA (I am a librarian or at least I have an MLIS) and I got a lot of books and ARCs. I have read a few of them but not all of them. Plus I tend to accumulate books that I think I should read. Except those tend to be fat, dense, non-fiction hardbacks and those are depressing to try and read during a readathon. I know from past experience that it is important for me to have a wide variety of books to choose from. 


Stack One

The ALA ARCs and one non-ARC that I keep meaning to read. Yes some of these have been published as books since then. 















Stack Two

Nobody can read most of those so they are 


Sparrow Road - Sheila O'Connor
Asylum  - Madeline Roux
Two Boys Kissing - David Levithan
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi - yes it is just volume 1 and yes it is in French
Rapture Practice - Aaron Hartzler 
Pegasus and the Flame - Kate O'Hearn
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sàenz - just realized this is an ALA book too. Oh well. 
The Chaos of Stars  - Kiersten White
Whistle in the Dark - Susan Hill Long
The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton





Oh and that does not include the e-books of which there are many. 

Or the book I am reading because I agreed to review it for a newsletter. Note to self: do not agree to review books because you are bad at it. 


My name is Gabby and I am a book-aholic. The Readathon feeds my addiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment