Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hours 1-7 Update

Well I am way behind on the blogging and the reading because pilates took up far more time than I thought it would. Now I need a nap.

Book progress -
A Nurse in Time - p 233
Jo's Boys - audio book - Chapter 4 I think. 

Now to get some serious books in.

Hour 2 Poetry Contest

I never said I was any good at poetry....


Not sure that is readable

Ghost dances:
this is what happy looks like.
A secret gift;
the violinist's thumb.
On the map
between men and beasts

Like I said. Poetry not my strongest field. 


Hour Five Portrait Challenge 

I hate having my picture taken and I don't really do selfies but here is part of my face with a book. The book is "A Nurse in Time" because I still haven't finished that.

Fortunately for the sick and injured of the world I will never actually be a nurse! 
Hour Seven Challenge 

Judging a book by it's cover. Which let's face it rightly or wrongly we all do. 

I am listening to the audio book of Jo's Boys and as that is a classic it has had several covers. 

Worst

I don't really know what is going on that picture. It looks like a mean old man has lots of children who are scared of him. I assume it is supposed to be Professor Bhaer? And the woman kneeling is Jo? The issue with this cover is that there are no little children. All the boys in Little Men grew up. Josie at 14 is the youngest. 

Best

This was hard because while there are many okay covers there are not many great covers for this book.


I like this one because it is old-fashioned and this is an old-fashioned sort of book. 







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing along with our Hour 5 Selfie challenge!

    ReplyDelete